Although this is being posted today, This changelog is actually related to
July 8th, 2020
We have rebuilt KintoHub from scratch optimizing everything from cost control to enterprise-multi cloud readiness. A lot has changed, so be sure to check out the docs for more information.
- KintoBlocks has been renamed to services
- Teams have been archived and temporarily disabled
- ClientId / Secret no longer exists and we have removed the API Gateway
- New billing model - pay per second, no more tiers - everything lays under a simple pay as you go.
- The free tier has been increased to 3 free services without a credit card. Up to 5 services with a credit card as all credit card users automatically get $10 USD removed from their bill every month.
- No more workspaces, No More Projects. Everything is now focused on Environments!
Billing & Accounts
- Must resign up to the new KintoHub.
- This section is still heavily under construction. Stay tuned.
- Billing is now pay per second and shows the max cost per month prior to deploying your service
- Charges are accumulated throughout the month and charged on the 1st of every month.
- Introducing metrics. CPU. Memory and Instance metrics
- Automatic Horizontal Scaling via CPU
- Dedicated or Shared vCPU options
- Removed Helm Blocks and Static Websites is coming soon.
- Ability to restart instances
- Clear access controls and endpoints
- New Release view with Rollback and Abort Releases
- Deploy now combines Build+Deploy stage. No longer have to build, then deploy.
- Jobs now have a job history and logs per history available.
- You can now deploy services from any public or private git repository using a URL.
- Postgres is the only managed catalog service available at the moment.
- Introducing Region Section. Asia, Europe, and North America!
- Service Health shows if your service is down or having any issues.
- Logs are accurate and 100% faster.
- Removed Logs history - you can only see what instances are available now.
- Build/Release logs are in real-time, show error highlights, and fix suggestions and stored for long-term history usage.
Not in any particular order yet!
- Github / Gitlab Apps
- Free static websites and password protection
- MongoDB, Redis, Mysql catalog